Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Friday Freebie

Fooled you, huh?  *wink*

Nope, I haven’t lost track of time because it’s not February 5th yet.  But I will say that next month’s FFF (First Friday Freebie) is finished and is ready to go…well almost.  With Robyn’s assistance, I am trying to learn how to create the PDF files on my own so I won’t have to bother her every month…and I’m almost there.   I’m determined to create this one on my own…grrrr.

blheartflowerline

Several gals have asked me if I would consider setting up a Flickr gallery where you can post the completed projects from my FFF designs.  I think that is a super idea because I would to see all your creations.  I especially like to see how many of you have taken my designs and have altered them in such a way as to make them uniquely your own.

blheartflowerline

If you click here, it will take you to the First Friday Freebie Gallery on Flickr where you can upload the photos of your projects.  If you’re not a member of Flickr, it’s easy peasy to join…just follow the directions.fff button_sml[1]

I will also place the FFF button on the left sidebar with a direct link to the FFF Gallery to make it easy for future use.

blheartflowerline

In the interim, I’d like to share this photo with you of the latest “Let It Snow” project that Susan sent to me.

IMG_0008

Now how cool is that? 

Susan made a pillow and added some piping to coordinate with a gorgeous quilt which she just completed.  A perfect winter gathering!

blheartflowerline

So don’t be shy.   Please feel free to go ahead and add your FFF creations.  We’d to see them!

Happy stitching!

Kaaren ♥

 

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Are you trying to make me cry? My eyes swelled with tears when I saw that! I am so frustrated...how come I can't do that? ARGH! I might just be a tad bit (too) emotionally involved in embroidery this week. LOL! I need to step back and breathe.
Nope, that didn't work...still wanna cry. Maybe I should stay away from the new Flickr group, It might throw me over the deep end. hahaha

Christine said...

Beautiful cushion ... I really love the snowman design in blue. The quilt looks lovely too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Sweet pillow to go with a beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I love seeing how others interpret a pattern. I got mine traced off this morning, and it is ready to stitch. Now that I have viewed the blue project, it decided my thread color!

RG said...

First of all you're never a bother and
Secondly... You go girl!!!!!

Wooohooo!!
Cheeky tricky girl...lol

Janet said...

Th blue cushion is wonderful and it will be so great to see all the designs together in one place.

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful pillow and love the blue and white shades.

Debbie

Allie said...

Kaaren, I've been using a free online service that creates pdf's for me. One click and I'm done...I don't have Adobe yet.

So glad you're getting a flickr group, yippee! Love Susan's pillow!

Mel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your talents!!

The flicker group is a great idea!!

Annie Bee said...

Love the job Susan done on your snowman such a pretty job. Great idea having a Fickr group so we can drool over the work.

Béa said...

Susan's cushion is exactly what I will make with your design in blue ! beautiful cushion.

Julie said...

wow, susan has done a lovely job with your snowman. i bet it's really exciting to see others' interpretations of your designs.
xox

Carrie P. said...

Wow, Susan's pillow is darling. Great idea to make it match a quilt too.
Hey just wanted to let you know I got the envelope yesterday. All safe and sound. I be you won't forget I live in NC again. lol

Siobhán said...

Wow! Susan did a beautiful job with her cushion. I just love your blog header pic! I always drool over the pics you share there. I'm off to drool over the Flickr album now... Enjoy your Friday!

Beth Karese said...

Love the idea of a single place for all the FFF show and tells. Thanks for taking the time to set it up!

Maggey and Jim said...

Good morning,
Fooled us, didn't you?? The strip quilting is something I have done while making purses and the possibilities are endless and decorative stitching just adds bling. The pillow and quilt are beautiful..Have a great day!!
Maggey

Karen said...

The pieced border around Susan's pillow really sets off the stitchery project nicely! Something to remember when I do mine.