Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More Christmas Blessings

Two parcels arrived on Christmas Eve, both from far away places that I could only dream about before blogging.  I know I’ve said this before but the world has become a much smaller place since I started blogging and I am truly blessed with the friends I have made.

chrbrd_thumb11

Who or what comes to mind when you think of Sweden? 

BB (before blogging) I had visions of snow, blonde hair, Volvos, and red-cheeked children playing outdoors.  Now when I think of Sweden, Stina immediately comes to mind.  You can only imagine my delight when I opened the parcel from Stina and saw these wrapped packages.

DSCN1393

Inside, I found these treasures…

DSCN1396

A wire angel with a red woolen heart that now rests close by my computer desk keeping watch over me and a scissor fob with tiny woolen strawberries.   Simply gorgeous!  Thank you sooooo much, Stina for these unexpected, wonderful gifts.  I will treasure them always.

chrbrd_thumb11

And who or what comes to mind when you think of Australia?

BB, I had visions of kangaroos, koalas, sheep and people who spoke with funny accents.   Now when I think of Oz, I think of two of my dear Aussie friends, Julie…and her husband Joe.  The second parcel was from Julie and Joe.

DSCN1399

I felt like a kid in a candy shop!  Fabric, x-stitch pattern, soap, candle, the cutest sewing-themed brooch, coaster, a hand made tree ornie done in wool-on-cotton and a simply gorgeous wool-on-cotton pillow with my favorite…a sheep!  Julie’s stitching is amazing and the photo does not do it justice.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And this was only half of what was in the parcel.  There was also a wrapped pressie for Sam, Mr. Painted Quilt with all kinds of Oz-themed goodies inside.  One of Sam’s gifts was a tea towel with a caricature of a “A Typical Aussie Bloke” and a bunch of Oz sayings.  Well if you could only have seen him going around the house trying to repeat them with an Aussie accent.  Honestly, it was hilarious.

Thank you again Julie and Joe not only for your gifts but more importantly, your friendship.  You guys are the greatest!

chrbrd_thumb11

2009 was an amazing year made brighter by new friendships from around the globe and close to home as well.  I can’t wait to see what 2010 has in store!

Happy stitching!

Kaaren ♥

23 comments:

Karen said...

Lots of goodies from your friends. Blogging is such fun and making new friends is a big part of it.

I am interested in what the snowmen heads are made of. The ones in your blog header. Looks like balls of some sort.

Jocelyn said...

Wow Kaaren, what wonderful packages arrived at your house. Blogging has certainly made this world a smaller place. And it has brought together so many very kind and generous people, just like yourself :-)

Annie Bee said...

What neat gifts. The world truly is a small world. I would have loved hearing Mr. Painted Quilt with his Aussie accent.....LOL.
I usually think of Sweden and chocolate.

Maggey and Jim said...

Yes, aren't friends wonderful. Lovely gifts and just think of what brought you together..It is so amazing, this internet.. Plus all the great talent that is out there, I marvel at it.
Maggey

Patty said...

Wonderful gifts from some warm-hearted friends...you are blessed.

Cathy B said...

Wonderful gifts from friends!

I think that is what I enjoy most about blogging - it's the interaction with others around the globe who enjoy needlework.

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful goodies from friends around the world. It is so nice that we can make friends with people, we might never have met otherwise, computers do have a good purpose too;)

Debbie

Val said...

I just love my blogging friends too. It is amazing that we never would have known these people if we weren't blogging or had the internet.

Kimberly said...

Beautiful!! Especially the fabric!

Julie said...

kaaren, you truly deserve everything you get! why? because you are an amazing woman, with so much to share and anyone who is touched by your friendship is simply blessed. you may receive many gifts from around the world, and its indicative of the person you are. enjoy being spoilt, and know that lots of people hold your friendship dear.
hugs,
julie xoxo

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when the postman brings lovel yparcels.
Happy new year
Christine

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahh..Kaaren.. you can keep those memorys you have of Sweden... SNOW, BLONDE HAIR..VOLVO and RED CHEEKED CHILDREN.. they are all fine to me...
snow ...check..
blonde hair..check.. ( still there..lol...)
Volvo... oh yes ...a black old one... lol
Red Cheeked Children... absolutely!!!
at least with -30 today.. they are very red...;o)
Enjoy all your goodies.. you have a big heart so you deserve them so much!!! :o) HUGS

Abby and Stephanie said...

Is Mr. Painted Quilt going to start his own blog now? :o)

ale balanzario said...

Lots of goodies for you,, they wonderful.

First time here in your blog, you have so many great quilts. love your samplers.

Saludos.
Ale

Heidi said...

What wonderful gifts to treasure. Blogging brings together! I have even been fortunate to get to know two ladies right in my own city that I would otherwise not have met. Enjoy the glow of the friendships you give so freely to all of us.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Micki said...

What lovely gifts your received and more importantly you have formed wonderful friendships!
You deserve all of it!
Micki

Brenda said...

Unexpected treasures in the mail, they are certainly "A good thing!", as Martha would say. Enjoy! B=)

Candace said...

Hi Kaaren - I agree, the world is such a smaller place through blogging and what wonderful friends we do make!
Happy New Year!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely goodies...........sitting here LOL about your dh and his aussie accent..........enjoy........

Allie said...

What wonderful gifts!!! Yes, blogging does make the world smaller, and I'm so thankful for it. I love seeing how people live and craft all over the world. Had to laugh about Mr. PQ trying for the Aussie accent!

Siobhán said...

What beautiful gifties, Kaaren! :)

Kim D. said...

Lovely gifts Kaaren.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh what fun to get goodies from some far away places!! Blogging makes the world so much smaller doesn't it??!!