Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Settling in!

Because so many have asked to see some photos of our new home, I just took these to share with you while Mr. Painted Quilt and Ollie were out for a walk on the trail across the road and it was still bright and sunny outside.
There is still stuff to be done but mostly in my studio area. 
I have soooooo much stuff and I'm still playing around with were to place things so that it doesn't take on the appearance of a fabric warehouse.
Our bedroom is small but very cozy and this week the bed is covered with my Dresden plate quilt that I made and hand quilted about 7 or 8 years ago.

We're almost there but boy oh boy, are we ever going to have some major yard sales come springtime!
Happy stitching!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT!! I hope you are enjoying your new surroundings :o) Change is good!

hennie said...

it looks very nice,also jour bedroom
.gr.hennie

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your new home is lovely--wish I lived closer I think I would enjoy shopping at your yard sale

Cathi said...

Your new home looks lovely and cozy and warm!

Clare said...

Love how you have your new home and pray you can make some lovely memories there. Happy Stitching.

Lesley said...

Your place is looking great. Very inviting!

Leeanne said...

Your home looks cosy and homely! Love the Dresden quilt!

Carm said...

Lovely home! Like some others I wish I was closer so I could go to your yard sales!! Hope you have a very healthy year ahead of you!

Paula DiMattei said...

You have such a charming home. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope 2016 is happy and health!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness! Your home is so wonderful! I love your decorating style and I especially love your Dresden quilt - it's just lovely and is just perfect on your bed!

Needled Mom said...

I can't imagine the task you have had, Kaaren. It all looks beautiful now.

annie said...

It does look wonderful, I love your pretty things, just lovely.
Hugs to Ollie, hope he enjoyed his walk.

Janet O. said...

Looks very cozy, Kaaren.
That is a yard sale I would LOVE to attend. : )

margaret said...

good to see you are settled in now and nice to see your home, quilt looks beautiful on your bed and envious of the sewing room

MONTSE said...

Happy New Year and happy New Home! It's very cozy.

Pam in IL said...

Your new home looks lovely. Happy 2016!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh thank you for sharing! It looks like it belongs to you now. Enjoy the new year in your new home.

Kris said...

What a charming home!! Looks just like you!! Hope you are doing well and may 2016 bring you continued health and happiness!! :-))